Year 7 Science
Your daughter will usually have one science teacher in Year 7.
Topics taught in Year 7 are as follows:
Autumn Term - Introduction to Science; Cells; Solids, Liquids and Gases; Energy; Plant Reproduction
Spring Term - Solutions; Forces, Human Reproduction
Summer Term - Acids and Alkalis; The Solar System; Investigative Science
Encourage her to use scientific vocabulary and display key words around the house.
How can you help your daughter?
- Test her regularly on topics covered.
- Check her homework.
- Get her to discuss what she has done in science lessons and get her to teach you some science every week.
- Watch relevant television programmes.
Useful Websites and Books
Each year in September we offer the opportunity to purchase a study guide and workbook for KS3 Science.
Our online resources via Office 365 contain a wealth of resources to support learning. Depending on your daughters interests, magazines such as How it Works, New Scientist or National Geographic are all available which will help broaden your daughters understanding and appreciation of Science.
- Regular end of topic tests take place in class at the end of each topic.
- ‘Working scientifically’ will be assessed through practical activities in class and mini investigations completed during the year.
- Your daughter will be encouraged to self-assess her work and reflect on progress at certain points in each topic.
- At the end of the year, there will be an end of year exam which covers all topics taught during the year.
Head of Science: Ms L Melvin
Head of Biology: Mrs J Lebreuilly
Head of Chemistry: Mr A Begbey
Head of Physics: Miss L Denton
Please email email@example.com to contact any member of the science team.